Updates On Moo Booter Boy Maya

noella5088

Juvie Member
I have an update regarding my Booter Boy Maya. I have a lot of nicknames for Maya. He's my baby.
I noticed that he doesn't lay his elbows flat on the floor so I began to support them with soft cushions- very small ones that is. Seems to help him sleep soundly and better.
He ate really good yesterday! Proud of him. Pooped two days in a row in the bathroom. (He's trained. Doesn't like to mess his tank up.) I still have to hand feed him and he does 'put some weight on his front legs'. He may have strained, sprained them. I'm not sure. He doesn't climb unless he has to. And he will climb on his hammock. He has no problems climbing down. It's just up onto his saucer chair to his basking spot. I have to help him with that. I don't mind helping him. I may need some ideas for a special needs bearded dragon. Hammock's low to the floor of his tank. I have padded his box with a very padded pillow case.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have an update regarding my Booter Boy Maya. I have a lot of nicknames for Maya. He's my baby.
I noticed that he doesn't lay his elbows flat on the floor so I began to support them with soft cushions- very small ones that is. Seems to help him sleep soundly and better.
He ate really good yesterday! Proud of him. Pooped two days in a row in the bathroom. (He's trained. Doesn't like to mess his tank up.) I still have to hand feed him and he does 'put some weight on his front legs'. He may have strained, sprained them. I'm not sure. He doesn't climb unless he has to. And he will climb on his hammock. He has no problems climbing down. It's just up onto his saucer chair to his basking spot. I have to help him with that. I don't mind helping him. I may need some ideas for a special needs bearded dragon. Hammock's low to the floor of his tank. I have padded his box with a very padded pillow case.
You can use rolled up dish towels

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'll check some of them out when I go to Walmart. It's just when he goes to bed. He used his front legs to claw at me. Then stood up straight up. As if trying to climb on my face. He couldn't yet.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Update 2: He is standing on up his back legs to try to get out of his tank and to tell me he was hungry. Today, he sat on the counter and though I hand fed him, he supported himself. He supported himself today in his tank. He uses his front legs more often. I just hope he doesn't overdo the activity.
He is going into shed so that gives me a good feeling that everything is ok. He's glass dancing more often. He's on the milk thistle powder and kidney support powders, along with the powdered calcium powder and multivitamin.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I'm glad to hear he's making progress 🙂

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Maya

Attachments

• IMG_20230705_114425763.jpg
    IMG_20230705_114425763.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20230705_114456959.jpg
    IMG_20230705_114456959.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 53

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
He is a sweetie 💕

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I had a cat bed and he outgrew it. I gave him a barely used bed pillow that smells of me. He loves sleeping on a bed pillow.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
My first beardie had one of those memory foam pillows that is supposed to support you neck and cradle your head. She would sleep in the little valley it had, she loved it.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
My first beardie had one of those memory foam pillows that is supposed to support you neck and cradle your head. She would sleep in the little valley it had, she loved it.
I wouldn't let him sleep on the bottom of his cold tank. He gets cranky when he wakes up. So, I try to make sure he's on his soft pillow.

I don't know if I'm seeing this or it's just because I have corrected vision. I noticed his front legs are a little muscley. I don't know if it's because he was exercising his front legs. He's more active when he's not on the Serrapeptase. I guess tomorrow, I'll give him a small dose. I always give him a break from his liquid supplements.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I've had my girl Snicker Doodles for a little over a year, i don't think i know what she actually looks like because she has never not been shedding somewhere lol.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom