Update on the emaciated beardies Emilio and Annie, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

eanders

Hi all..
My last post was Aug. 22 and at that time Emilio was 270 grams and Annie was at 180. Since then, Emilio has gained, he's up to 300 but Annie has lost, she's now down to 165. I'm just so frustrated.
They have been separated, and the lights and temp are good but she won't eat on her own at all. I have to force feed her with the baby food and pedialyte mixture. I even bathe her in pedialyte. I've also added some fresh greens and mushed up bugs (wax worms, super worms) into the mixture. That's a real treat to do lemme tell you. I'm open to any more suggestions anyone might have. At this point I am thinking that when I take her in to be weighed next week if she has lost more that I will have to consider putting her out of her misery so I'd like to try more suggestions if anyone has any?

Thanks

Beanie42

Juvie Member
to be honest thats not a huge loss in weight it could be any thing stress hormone etc my jamie wudn't eat for months when he hit puberty just had to force feed him every day with chicken baby food,,my biggest advice go to the vet.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Do you always weigh them at the same time of day? Cam's weight will often fluctuate 10-15 grams between "before poop" and "after poop".

eanders

Original Poster
Hello...
I do try to weigh them at the same time of day and was concerned since she was dropping steadily. We had a vet apt. yesterday and it went pretty much how I thought, the boy is doing much better but the girl is not doing well at all. We got some critical care feeding solution for her and more syringes ...which she hates so I just spoon feed her...so we will see how she does with this new additive. I appreciate the help on here....I just want instant gratification. :roll:

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
Hello,

I'm sorry I haven't seen your previous posts. Can you post pics of Annie? What's her set-up like? Can she see Emilio?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great you got them to the vet. Sorry to hear that your Annie is not doing as well. The critical care is excellent so that should hopefully help her out with some weight gain.
Remember, reptiles recover very slowly so try to be patient. :D You are doing excellent, keep it up. I know that they appreciate all of your efforts for them. Let us know how they are doing.

Tracie

eanders

Original Poster
Well...Annie was taking in the critical care food that the vet gave us. She ate two meals then ended up vomiting it back up a couple hours after the second feeding. I was very careful not to over do it and was very careful so that she didn't aspirate. She's now pretty lethargic. I keep trying but am not sure what else to try.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
I have Cam on Critical Care and she is having a vomiting problem as well. I don't think it's the food - she doesn't vomit every time. One thing you could try is a medication called ranitidine. The vet gave me a prescription for Cam, and it's really helped a lot with the vomiting. Another thing I've found that helps too is if you use quite warm water to mix with the Critical Care. If I use cold water it seems to upset Cam's tummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom