Update on my agressive baby lloyd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christine1125

Hatchling Member
update: I've been trying lurhstaaps "program" with my very stubborn skittish baby Lloyd. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=181456
he is about 2 months old now and he's getting big fast! I am now able to frequently hand feed him and pet his head in the viv as soon as he realizes it's just me. I cannot pick him up without getting hissed, bearded, and gaped at yet but I do take him out every night when he is sleepy for cuddle time in which he will snuggle in my sweatshirt :) we are slowly making progress! I just had a question. the other day I put my hand in the viv just to talk to him and he came up and licked my finger. then he laid flat next to my hand with his head down. what does this behavior mean? I couldn't move my hand from the position I was in without him getting nervous though. and lately when I pet his head, he puts it down as I pet it?

Dracoxo

this sounds like he is getting used to your hand and its scent and realizing it is you! great progress by the way:D continue what you are doing Bearded dragons lick their surroundings to get a better feel about where they are. As long as he isnt going to bite you, let him lick you so he gets used to knowing that its your hand going to hold him. 2 months is probably the toughest age of beardie taming. I just finished taming mine and he is about 5 months old, i used to never be able to take him out without him jumping haha! but sounds like everything you are doing is good and its evident your beardie really likes you if he rests on your hand to relax:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom