Update on lizard room 01/29/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Well I had a fun filled day. Went to the craft store bought 15 foot roll of Velcro and 2 wooden crates (16x18). Rearranged the room. I started with Gaulam's enclosure, took out the hollowed log, set the enclosure on the floor rather then up on some cardboard with a towel. Went to Seka's enclosure added the hollowed log and moved her bridge. She is getting stressed out over my males, they sit and head bob at her and she waves back, poor little girl. I may block off half of the front of her enclosure so she has an area she can go to retreat from all the harassment. Moved Ifrit over near the door, replaced his enclosure from a 20g long to a 40 breeder, Velcro lined the perimeter, placed in a new 40 breeder carpet, cleaned his decor set up his 36 inch Zilla fixture, took out the 36 inch Zilla Desert 50 tube replaced it with a 36 inch Reptisun 10.0 tube. Put in his decor, put Iffy in and he pooped. LOL figures. Installed the 2 wooden crates for storage on the walls as I was unable to incorporate the book shelf in my new arrangement. Used Velcro to secure light switches on all enclosures. Mounted Des' thermostat on the wall. Mounted a digital thermometer for room temperature monitoring. Cleaned and then cleaned some more. LOL I am a bit tired now but, I have to clean some more as there is poop in the enclosures. :wink:
Anyways, here is a video of the room as it is now.

:mrgreen:

I would like to point out again, any suggestions please base them, I do listen. Any feedback is also welcome.

zillathakilla

Juvie Member
You are one devoted slave man! i also noticed you have 3 lights AND a uvb...why?what are the three lights? (My reptisun arrived btw!! :D :D)

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
zillathakilla":1x6j0ziw said:
You are one devoted slave man! i also noticed you have 3 lights AND a uvb...why?what are the three lights? (My reptisun arrived btw!! :D :D)

There are times that the cool side might get too cool as well as it provides proficient light to allow my dragons to see their food better. That is what the secondary light source is for the third one is a night light. Then you got the primary heat source. So primary and secondary heating then a night light, then a UV source. Pulma has a MVB then a secondary then night light same as Seka. My uro only has a MVB but, I am going to get away from the MVB's I think as they are self ballasted and sometimes shut off when they feel like it. :wink: Always a work in progress. The moment I stop progressing is the moment I loose.

Jess

Extreme Poster
OMG. I am SO jealous.
You have no idea how much I've been wanting a mini-fridge, LOL! It would be SO much easier if all of the veggies, bugs, and frozen food for my pets could all just be in my room. But no. I have to go ALL the way downstairs and dig it out of our kitchen fridge, which is overfilled and smelled a little like death today. (Sorry... Rant over. I still want a mini-fridge though... )

Isn't Velcro pure awesomeness? I LOVE it, LOL. It is super handy. I used some today for Dudley's cage, in fact. :D
I spent the whole day cleaning my animal room/bedroom too, so I know how you feel!

And I have 4 light sources too- Basking light, cool side light, CHE, and UVB.
Des has Dudley's background too. :)

zillathakilla

Juvie Member
i also want a mini fridge,it would be so helpful for veggies! but alas our subzero canadian temperatures arent cold enough for my dads beer so he needs a mini fridge...outside... in the winter...=/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom