Update on Beardie's health

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Hello everyone,
Yesterday took my beardie to the vet. Found out a couple things. For one, he says its female, a beautiful girl :D :lol:

2, need to make a couple changes to her terrarium. I am not sure if she was digging (no pun intended) her new wood enclosure so I switched back to her original glass terrarium. So far she hasn't been hiding in the cave. I think the big enclosure was stressing her out too much. That's all she did in the new enclosure was wanting to hide in the cave hence why I was trying out the UVB lights but clearly, that wasn't it either. First night with her back into her original enclosure and so far she's been acting fine.

I may look into a little bigger glass terrarium preferably one with ventilation in the front. This is what the Vet recommends.

3, she was a bit nervous at the vet so she decided to go the bathroom on the table but as her poops looked the vet said its healthy solid, no liquid or diarrhea. I bought the last fecal sample test and said no medication is required and no need for another fecal test (thankfully).

Other than he said, "She's really healthy and a beautiful girl" :D He was also surprised when he asked where did you get her from? I said Petsmart. The look on his face was shocked :shock: Wow! I am surprised.

Thank you, everyone, for your help and suggestions. You guys were right she is healthy but least I know now peace of mind and know that I can stop calling a him now :p

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Ha-ha ! You must have been a bit surprised, huh ? And I can't remember now but what is her name ? Glad that she got a clean bill of health. :)

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
AHBD":252b9r0w said:
Ha-ha ! You must have been a bit surprised, huh ? And I can't remember now but what is her name ? Glad that she got a clean bill of health. :)

Yeah I was really surprised :eek: HA HA!
Originally the name was Dyno, so I think I'll name her Dyna :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vinny2010b
Top Bottom