update, misdiagnosis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danny662boy

Hatchling Member
ok so my beardie thats going on 8 months wasnt eating at all for like 2 weeks, he'd pick at a cricket or 2 and maybe a worm or 2 for days.. i went to one vet, took xrays, said he was constipated.. well anyway a few days passed, no tremendous POOP, so back this past monday for 2 enemas, and again no poop, not eating.. took him to a vet, that sees herps, etc. in bethlehem PA, took blood work, and thought possibly big kidneys... she called back the next day, all his organs, cells, blood, etc. was great, good level of vitamin and calcium... but his musle tension was high weas like 5500.. so she said it could be that its mating season, and she has seen many lizards and birds like 4 months early and wanting to mate... but it could have been from the poke in his tale from needle, or being handled.. so anyway hes on panacur, and albon... just ruling out parasites, which was confirmed when i just called the first vet where his poop was sent out to a lab(came back negative)..

he ate 4 crix today, didnt touch butter or wax worms, but is pepping up a lil more..

how long do they stay in mating mode for?

LJean

Extreme Poster
how long do they stay in mating mode for?

Good question. I really wish I knew. Looking forward to that answer myself. ;)

Have you used any probiotics with the meds? I know it can mess with their gutflora and the probiotics helps.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Why is he on meds if his fecal came back negative?
The CPK levels can be higher after a blood draw or just from stress from hormonal surges. The mating usually lasts a couple of months, at peak, but it can vary. It will peak then, their hormonal levels will begin to fall slightly by the summertime months, then decrease further into the fall & winter time. Of course, it will vary from male to male, as some have higher levels than others.
So, the blood counts were fine then, the uric acid levels were good?

Tracie

danny662boy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
um well the other doctor never contacted me after i took him to the recent one, so i guess just to make sure to rule out parasites they gave him that? i dunno i googled the meds and they're antibiotics i guess for parasites or something... he just has 3 more days of meds, and i gotta call on saturday to let them know how hes doing. like i said, he seems a lil more peppy... he actually basked on his branch near his light, and was laying around on his little platform more today, instead of just going to his corner for like 5+ hours.. and he did eat 4 crix,, and passed a decent stool, which was really wet and hydrated, with a good portion of urine. his first poop in like 3 days..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom