**Update** Adventures of Rocky the Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocky has been with us for just over a month and I think it's safe to say, he's settling in nicely.

I was leaving the house a few days ago and when I went to say "bye" to Rocky, I noticed that his hammock had fallen down. I didn't have time to fix it, so I moved him away from it and left it down; hoping that he wouldn't get back on it. Well...as we all know, our dragons LOVE their hammocks. This is what I found when I returned home, a few hours later:

Rocky, back on his fallen hammock. Using his tail to hold him up.

I decided to remove the hammock altogether for a while. Rocky was having none of that. From that day forward, he has been pooping on his basking spot, right where his hammock had been. And then he lays in it. I think this is an all out "Hammock Protest."

I had to give him a bath to get the poo off his belly and he tried his best to escape.

I want to put paper towels down on his basking spot to make clean up easier, but this guy is terrified of them! He freaks out every time I come near his tank with paper towels in my hand.

I am such a proud beardie mama. I love this guy and can't wait to share more of his adventures.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Ah yes. Always nice to have a cute little critter to cuddle up with when you're not feeling up to doing much of anything else. And as all of us reptile people know, it doesn't have to be warm and fuzzy.

I'm spoiled -- sometimes when I get too tired to stay up till the beardie's bedtime and go to bed too early, "Daddy" brings him to me a little later for his bedtime cuddle and then tucks him back in to his little safe spot in his terrarium after one or both of us starts falling asleep, and I don't even have to get out of bed.

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Holy cow! Rocky just hit 700g!!! And that was after 2 poops in the last 24 hours. Love, love, love my big boy. :)

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
We do too. The humans like it, and the reptiles don't seem to mind. It's probably all about mammalian body heat. :wink:

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
And...we have mustard greens in the garden! :blob8: Can't wait for them to grow. Fingers crossed that Rocky likes them.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
If he likes store-bought mustard greens, he will probably like home grown ones even better, but you know with bearded dragons you can never be sure... :roll:

Looks like you're going to have a nice little crop there. They look like they're already off to a really good start. :D

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
SHBailey":1mizyinv said:
If he likes store-bought mustard greens, he will probably like home grown ones even better, but you know with bearded dragons you can never be sure... :roll:

Looks like you're going to have a nice little crop there. They look like they're already off to a really good start. :D

I sure hope he likes them, 'cause I don't! I also planted some snow peas for him, as well. Only time will tell.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Whatever you're studying, it looks interesting. But I think I would also find it hard to concentrate on just about anything if I had that much cuteness cuddled up on my lap. :love5:

Mustard greens do have a pretty strong flavor. I can only tolerate a little in a salad or a sandwich with a lot of other stuff, more like seasoning. We don't get them very often -- I'm not sure if anyone is growing them locally, and they're kind of fragile compared to collards and other greens, so they usually don't survive the trip up here in very good shape, and they don't last very long in the fridge, either. Having fresh ones right out in your garden should be an advantage, especially if Rocky appreciates them. :)

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
This morning's study session was on Relational Frame Theory (RFT). Very intense lecture on generative learning and derived relations. I only wish Rocky could help me understand it all! He was very confused by the voice on the computer, as he didn't recognize it. He was none too happy later in the day when I sat in 'his' room and attended my online class. A whole hour of a strange voice in the room. Rocky gave me one long, evil stare the entire time.

Mustard greens are hard to find around here too. And they definitely don't keep for long. I usually only spend about 66 cents a week on them. And when I can't find them, look out. Rocky won't eat much else.

I cut a few bits of mustard greens from the garden and put them in his salad today. I decided to add a few supers to encourage him to eat it. He chowed down on the salad and even ate more after the worms were gone. Hopefully this is a good sign, as he didn't like the spinach, kale and arugula we grew last summer. Fingers crossed!

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Rocky made his mommy VERY happy today. He went on a "field trip" to the garden and munched on his mustard greens! :blob8: :blob5:

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Mommy finally finished cleaning the storage part of my "room". She found about 25 supers that escaped :shock: They made a serious mess of my stuff, but it's super clean now. Thank you Mommy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom