Underweight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband said he looks a little underweight, I just don't know if he is right or wrong. So my Chroma is
20 inches long
7-8 months old
He prefers to eat salad, so I feed him mustard greens all day
His poop is completely normal
The widest part of his head is 2.5
His bugs are phoenix worms and a horn worm a day, we just started the 1 a day horn worm in case he is to small.
full

full

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What is his weight in grams?
I'd be cautious with the 1 a day hornworm. They are very hydrating and will lead to loose stools. A few a week would be better.

-Brandom

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
400g is an ok weight. It's a little on the thinner side for a 20 inch dragon, but people get too concerned with weight and not concerned enough with overall health! :)
He is only 8 months old, he still hasn't widened out like maturity and age brings. I'd say he is quite large for an 8 month old actually!

How is he acting? Does he seem active and lively?

What does his daily diet look like? Can you include numbers of feeders and what his salads consist of?

-Brandon

Hammie2496

Original Poster
He eats 20 pheonix flys a day, 2-3 cups mustard greens. He is normal he plays with his sister, a maine coone, and teases her when he gets a chance. He mostly just watches me play games or do work on my computer all day. Oh and he plays with his ball when ever he is bored.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
20 PW isn't very much for a dragon his size. Are you limiting them to 20 or is that all he will eat?
He sounds very active! :)

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
EDIT: My response is being blocked by an anti spam thing on this site.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
No thats fine if thats all he wants to eat. I would try to add some other insects though to give some variety though.

Like I said earlier, he isn't a small dragon! lol :D Just like how kids can go through growth spurts and look like string beans, dragons can too. Sometimes it just takes a bit for the weight to catch back up! :D
He seems very healthy and active, I wouldn't worry.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heidib715
Top Bottom