Under Tank Heaters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoony

Sub-Adult Member
What are your opinions on under tank heaters? I have Zero in Critter Cage 36.3" x 18.8" x 17" which is about a 40gal, and I have him sitting on a platform close to the ground. Now I do not control the heat in my home, my landlords do, and it can get kind of cold and kind of difficult to control the heating in his viv. What are your thoughts on under tank heaters? Do they work? How well? What brand do you recommend? Any Pointers? Thanks guys :)

Spoony

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Okay, thanks! I'm still trying to figure out how to block some of the cold. Do you have any suggestions? A friend suggested perhaps buying a thick "Welcome" mat and placing the viv on top of that. She said it's more insulated and would stop the cold from coming up from underneath.

One day I'll figure out a way to make him a wooden viv on a platform :roll:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I've been recommend to cover 3/4 walls with styrofoam boards because styrofoam is an insulator. You could also get a CHE

Spoony

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I gave a CHE, I just need one more light fixture for it. And you don't think Zero would climb all over the styrofoam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom