Unboxing tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all! I am getting a beautiful sub-adult dunner this monday (from Lizard King-https://www.facebook.com/LizardKingBeardedDragons name TBA) and I've been finding it hard to get info on the topic. So, how do you go about unboxing a beardie? What are the steps afterward? I've heard from some people say bathe them right away, others to not etc. So yeah, how would I do this in the least stressful way possible?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there ! I'm glad to see that you're getting a new friend :) And a Dunner stunner to boot. ! Unboxing is pretty straight forward....when you open the box you can let him get used to the light for just a minute or so before taking him out. Remember he's been in pitch darkness for 15 -16 hours so just a brief moment before hauling him out will let his eyes adjust. Then just put him in his tank. I wouldn't bathe him....unless it was very hot in the box he will not be thirsty and that can stress him a bit. If he does feel hot for some reason you can put him in a lukewarm/cool bath for about 10 minutes....but it's not likely. You can offer a bit of water on his snout after an hour or so....he may or may not be interested. Offer food after an hour or so [ or really as soon as you like] but not a huge meal , wait until tomorrow for that. Hopefully he'll settle in easily for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom