Status
Not open for further replies.

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
Why am I addicted to reptiles
:banghead:
This is such a problem for me
I want so many reptiles
Right now I'm at a Bearded dragon, a Russian Tortoise, and a california king snake.
I still want to get a chameleon, a frilled dragon, a turtle and an iguana...

Ugh this is so annoying
I have no space to keep them, and no money to afford all of them right now but I want them so badly.
Such amazing creatures reptiles are, and people are such *****s to not see the love they give or the fascination with them
:(
Sorry just a rant

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
I know the feeling, I have fish, a tortoise, two dogs, a frog and tooooo many bearded dragons (okay not toooo many, but more than i probably should have aquired) They are just to pretty to say no, and i'm one of those pet addicted people who would cut expenses from everywhere else in their life to have the money to afford pets.

How's this for addicted, my number one reason for wanting to get a house is that I want to have a reptile room. Basically i want to build/buy wall to wall cages and i know there is no way in h#ll I'd be able to move those apartment to apartment......

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Also i got a job at a petstore so that I can order tanks at cost. They looked at me kinda funny when I told them i wanted to order three 40gallon breeders at once.

pudden318

Sub-Adult Member
im the same way i have 3 toy yorkies, 2 cats, 3 rats, 2 beardies, 2 100gal saltwater tanks, 4 freshwater tanks and in the process of buying to female beardies, and want a ton more. The only thing holding me back is the fact i live south of new orleans and hubby works in the oil field and work is beyound slow so dont have the extra money. But when i do my pets come way before date nights. Also to add to the up keep i have a 10 yr old daughter and a 3 yr old son and a hubby who thinks he's still a kid

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Sorry about your addiction, but I think you have some serious company on this site that can empathize with you at least. My son is always the one wanting a new pet and my husband is always the one that says no. If it weren't for him my house would be full of animals because that is the way I grew up. People still bring my mom every baby bird that falls out of a nest. We are wearing him down though. Two new pets in the last year, one he agreed to and the other one (snake) he didn't know about till it had been in the house for a month. Oldest son had it in his bedroom and hubby hardly ever goes in there. Sneaky sneaky. He would not have agreed to that one. Finally got him to agree to get a tegu in the fall by convincing him it was like having a scaly puppy. :roll: My dogs are getting old, so I guess soon we will have a house full of nothing but reptiles.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
If we had more room, we'd have more beardies, but 5 beardies and a golden gecko is about as much as my hubby and I can handle. He's retired, so spends alot of time at home, caring for 5 beardies can take all day...but they're all such snuggle bunnies, we just love them to pieces. So juggle beardies we will continue to do. If I was rich, I'd have a huge house, so each of my beardies would have their own rooms...wow, I really am addicted!

Proud mom to Issy, Rubio, Lonzo, Sweetie, Angel and Rocco the golden gecko.

My son, who's 25, is the original beardie owner, he just couldn't take care of Sweetie the way he wanted, so we adopted her and so our love affair with beardies started, so it's all his fault!

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
It usually is the kids who beg for pets and then we end up taking care of them. I would have never thought that my husband could become so attached to a reptile. He never liked them until we got Scorch, now he treats her like his daughter. Who knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom