Tyson's portraits

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjvolk2

Hey everyone-

My boyfriend, Brian (Tyson's actual owner) and I (Sara) have been reading BD.org for months since he got Tyson in September. We finally got an account and I thought I would introduce us by posting Tyson's pictures (what better way?). Tyson is about 9 months old- 16.25 inches and 310 grams. He had his first vet visit today to get his nails trimmed and they said he looked awesome- great size and weight for a 9 month old. Also we were wondering if he is a morph (I know they are not different DNA wise or anything but we are curious). His colors don't come out as well on the pictures. He has a yellow head (currently dull and ready to shed) and the orange on his back is much more vivid than it appears.

So... without further ado...

On Daddy's leg (I think I have to caption this for LOL dragons)
126.jpg

Bathtime
127.jpg

Blankies!
129.jpg

Basking
050.jpg

More Basking

051.jpg

keschete

Sub-Adult Member
He's pretty! To answer your question about "morphs" are his nails black or are they clear? If they are clear, are they ALL clear?

If his nails are all black he is a regular phase or normal colored dragon with a lot of nice colors on him.

If his nails are clear then he is probably a "Hypo" or hypomelanistic (less than normal pigment) which makes their overall color lighter and the oranges and yellows stand out a bit more.

If you aren't going to breed him...it doesn't really matter except for you knowing what color he is. He is a pretty boy!

Actually I have a young male who will probably have colors very similar to your guy. Those lighter colored shoulder patches lead me to think your dragon is a hypo. The patches on their shoulders are darker in normal phase dragons....but it is hard to tell with pictures.

bjvolk2

Original Poster
I know the front part of the nail is black and I believe if you look at the nail from the back it is clear. He was from a reputable pet store but they didn't give us much information about him. The only thing that would make us think he may be a morph (or maybe a morph crossed with a normal dragon?) is how bright his oranges on his back are and the yellow on his head is. Either way, I agree, he is a beautiful boy.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Welcome, Tyson's so pretty. He sure looks happy in every picture, and he even likes his bath. We all say hi to Tyson :wave: :wave: . He probably will get more colourful as he gets older. We have 5 dragons, all different, all adopted or rescued. They're all different types. We have a young female, Issy, who's nails are clear, she's the only one. She's light olive green with light tangerine ovals. Even though the other 4 have black nails, they all get more colourful as they get older. Sweetie is a "normal" I guess, but she can turn a beautiful goldy-yellow when she's really happy. Lonzo was bright red as a baby, now he's mostly yellow with some light red accents. Rubio is a citrus, he came from a pet store, and is a mix of green & yellow, with red accents. Angel is light grey, cream and pale yellow. Who's to say what morph they are. Their colours are so pretty and I really enjoy when they change colour depending on their moods.

Sorry to go on, enjoy Tyson, he's a beauty!! :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom