tyson baloons his body in viv

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripbabey

Recently I started noticing Tyson every once in a while blows up like a balloon inside his cage like hes in the bath. His beard comes out a little but never fully out like he is trying to be aggressive. He eats everyday. Poops every day or every otherday. His temps are 80 on cool side. 110 at basking spot. Crickets fed everyother day. Kale and collard green mix with dragon bites everyday. Substrate is repticarpet.

There is no wheezing, no mucus out of his nose. He is active and eats . I don't know if I am just worrying to,much. He usually deflates when I see him like that and pick him up.

Do I have anything to worry about?

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Daisy does that too. I noticed that she does it when she is about to fall asleep or is a little cold. I don't know if that is the case here though.

ripbabey

Original Poster
Well his is pretty random. He will be fine all day and ill look at him after a couple minutes and all the sudden he is a balloon lol. I also sometimes see him doing something weird with his beard when I notice him ballooning sometimes he raises his beard but keeps it flat and like shakes his head a little like he is surprising himself . Again all this stops when I pick him up and he does it every once in a while.

thedragonkeeper

Hatchling Member
Usually they inflate to stay afloat while swimming or bathing, but I'm not so sure if it happens out on land. I do see my beardies at it sometimes, maybe for a stretch? :D

HLSLeO

Hatchling Member
my Beardie does this quite often, almost every single morning... i think it's a way of taking in heat faster... sometimes he will do this for a long time and then stretch out his beard!

ripbabey

Original Poster
Great, thanks for the info, it was worrying thinking it might be a resp infection. Seems its common but I had only heard of it in the bath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom