Typical age for first clutch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saccharidicule

Hatchling Member
I have an 11-month-old female who seems to be a little small for her age (15.5 inches long) and has always been extremely active. She's learned to dance loudly against the glass to wake me up and feed her, she jumps from every surface she can, always explores, etc. Lately she's been gaining quite a bit of weight (not sure exactly how much, but she's noticeably heavier) and becoming even more active. Though she doesn't appear to be gravid, and she's never been mated, I was wondering what the typical age is for the first clutch of eggs. I've heard as young as 10 months and up to 18, but several ages in between. Any advice?

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
If I remember correctly Ms. Tiggs laid her first clutch(infertile) at just short of 10 months old. I have a lots friends who's females didn't lay their first eggs until they were over 3 years of age. Also have a friend that has a 6 y/o female that recently laid for the first time.

Saccharidicule

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AAAAH OH MY GOD POSSIBLE EGGS.

I was away for the past week at a chef camp in Miami (Johnson&Wales, super-educational, super-fun, super-exhausting), and as the plane touched down and I turned on my phone I received a text from my brother, who's been taking care of Dora, saying that her appetite's been erratic and she's been extra active, clawing at the underside of her log and such. Then, in the car ride to Olive Garden from the airport, he tells me that he felt a few lumps in her belly. I demanded a size, yelling "GIVE ME A LEGUME. A LEGUME, NOAH. TELL ME HOW BIG." He says they were pea-sized, definitely firmer than a random squishy organ and closer to the sides of her belly. However, when I felt her belly after she'd pooped in the bath, I felt nothing of the sort. She is, indeed, heftier than when I left, and seems to be moving around her tank more than usual. Is it possible that the eggs (or whatever this is) could have disappeared temporarily?

At any rate, it's good to be home. :D By the end of the week I was even having dreams of petting/cuddling my baby. She's sleeping here on my bed, and oh, goodness, what a fantastic sight this is.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
1 female 3 days shy of her 1st b day. 2nd female 1 week after her 1st bday. And 3rd female a yr and a half. Non fertile eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom