Types Of Beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiTownns

Hatchling Member
I am just wondering about the different types of beardies because i am still looking for the perfect one for me.
If anyone can show me pictures of the different types of beardies and their names ill appreciate it. Also i am wondering why do some beardies have a black beardie if anyone can tell me because i really like those. Thanks

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Topic moved to General Discussion
When you say types of beardies are you referring to the different pogona species or just the different Morphs(colors) that beardies have?

ChiTownns

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i mean the ones you keep as pets because ill be seeing different colors and different body features some might have a fatter beard than others and some just look plain different and do you know the types with the black beard.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Ok so you mean morphs.First all beardies black beard that is a normal beavior during mating or when they are upset or angry about something.Males are generally the ones with the darker beards but females can black beard as well.Now as for morphs there are way too many to name as most are assigned "tags" by the breeder who breeds them for instance a Sandfire bearded dragon is bred by the Sandfire Ranch,Georgia bearded dragins have morph lines like georgia peach.I have 4 beardies myself as you can see in my sig 2 of which I couldnt tell the morph,the other two are as follows Dragi is a coralxhypopastel and Phoenix is a redflamexredgold.There are also some very special morphs like Translucent Dragons and Leatherbacks or German Giants.As for body size that really isnt specific to a morph but you can get a pretty good idea of what the outcome might be if you can see his/her parents.

ChiTownns

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok thanks for the info. So whats unique about the leather backs? Also what about the hypos and what is your personal favorite

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Leatherbacks have greatly reduced spikes and are smoother I personally am not a fan I like spikes! Hypos are generally very light and tend to have clear nails or are het for clear nails.Truthfully I dont have a morph preferance.I go buy what I see and like.I also would rather have a healthy large animal above anything else regardless of morph.

O-Gonchothedragon

Juvie Member

ChiTownns

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks alot guys the links really really helped thanks and do you guys know how long does a german giant get and how big

ChiTownns

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
O-Gonchothedragon":5d4aa said:
i have a book that says but ill have 2 look it up 2marrow but they lay a TON of eggs and get over 1+1/2 feet long
o lol thats big but yeah thanks hey do you guys think beardies can get flea???lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom