Two Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehk10

Alright, two questions. #1 Why does my beardie turn black when she is in her cage? She still acts normally and everything. #2 Whys is she so picky? SOmetimes she eats sometimes she doesnt. She used to eat 7 superworms at a time 2x per day. NOw she eats between 2-6 per day or none at all. She is so picky... sometimes she wants to eat off the ground sometimes out of my hand. There are 4 ways i feed her by hand and i dont know which method to use. Please Help. BTW she is 18 inches long and Her first birthday is november 27th... Woohoo... Happy B-Day LULU

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
Hi there,
To answer your first question, this is probably normal. Duke turns black sometimes when he's in his tank basking, and a lot of dragons have black beards all the time. If she is really black and has a lot of stress lines on her belly, she could be stressed. Has she had a recent move? I know what it's like to have a picky dragon! Duke is on an anti worm feeding strike, but when he did eat worms, I would hold them with tongs for him to grab, or I would put the worms in front of him and move it around until he caught it. I know it's frustrating but I would just use whichever method will work for that day.

Happy Birthday Lulu!!!!!! Have a great one! Duke just turned 2 a week ago. 1st birthdays are always the best, so have fun!!!

demonsmomma

Juvie Member
haha..ya my demon is very picky as well, as she only eats greems at a certain time of the day , no other time can she eat them and unlike our friends bearded dragons he dont eat other lil lizzards ..thank goodness for that..cuz i dotn think it is best for her at all.. anways i ahve learned the balc coloration is due to them ajdusting to the heat if i take demon outside with me , she gets darker, but in the house with heating she is just fine ..

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
I think it's horrible to feed lizards lizards. It is just terrible. I read a story and saw a video of a bearded dragon eating an anole and I wanted to throw up. It's almost like cannabalism, plus it is VERY unhealthy for the dragon! Do your neighbor a favor and try to get them to stop feeding lizards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom