Twitching only when eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkcwz

Hello all. I have a bearded dragon that full body twitches when he eats red leaf lettuce. Just introduced it into the diet today. He's been eating it throughout the day without twitching but just recently started to twitch while eating it. He also rubbed his head against the floor. Just after he twitched a few times eating it he ate a few crickets and mealworms just fine. Age is approx 2 months. Has uvb lighting. Temps are approx 110 in basking area and gradient goes down to 70. Substrate is the carpet stuff. I plan on changing it to paper towels as I just pulled a long strand of the fiber out of his mouth. I do use calcium powder. Help would be appreciated.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Do you use a uvb? If so what kind is it? Coil/compact or tube? What brand? How often do you dust his food and do you use vitamins also? Don't feed lettuce of anykind. He needs collard , mustard greens, turnip and dandelion greens. Mealworms are not good for him either they are hard for him to digest and can cause impaction.

Linkcwz

Original Poster
Has compact uvb from zoo med, can't afford the tube yet. Dust with calcium 6 days a week. Vitamins once a week tried getting mustard greens but the store was out. From my phone the only thing I saw was safe was the red leaf. He doesn't get a lot of meal worms, I got a freeze dried pack from a bundle and only feed them when I'm out of crickets. Since I only had 3 crickets I gave him some of the meal worms as well.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Well it sounds like he may have a little mbd. Thats why he's twitching. You need to get a reptisun 10.0 tube asap and mount it in the tank so he can get the proper amount of the rays he needs before it progresses. Those compact burns their eyes and does not give off the proper amount of rays.

Linkcwz

Original Poster
Thanks for the input. Think it could really be mdb even though he only did it eating the red leaf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom