Turning off his own light

Status
Not open for further replies.

nursejones813

Juvie Member
So, I bought Slick a new reptisun 10.0 tube bulb about a week ago because his old one was 6 mo. old. I changed it in his tank while he was in there. The next day, I noticed the light was off. I adjusted the tube and it came back on. This happened a couple moe times. Then one day when I was getting his breakfast ready, I watched him jump up and bump the bulb a few times until it shut off again! Has anyone else experienced something like this? And, do you think he is doing it because he has just figured out he could? Or, do you think it's bothering him? He's had no other changes. He has slowed his eating in the past few months, but is still eating relatively well. Any thoughts?

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
Wow, I have never heard of that before. You need to get that on video and share it with us and Americas Funniest Videos.

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
I don't know but I hope someone helps out. I also think you can go to the section on this wrb site and ask.

dragonscales

Hatchling Member
That has never happened to me. But when I put my reptisun tube I was afraid my dragon might hit the light and the tube could fall and break. So I used some wire to tie the tube to the fixture to prevent it from falling. You might try using wire so the tube doesn’t move when he bumps it.

You can use Photobucket to upload videos and copy the link, like you would do with a photo.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
you can upload it on youtube and post a link to it here.

that sounds funny.
is it only that light that he does it too?

nursejones813

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yes. It's the only light he can reach. He's still doing it. I just haven't been able to catch him on video yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom