Tupac pooped or puked out sand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battery

Well in the last month i haven't had him in sand but the previous owner had him in calci-sand. I left for the night last night out to my friends and his tank has a tile bottom so no sand, but when i came home today there was a pile of sand in his tank? Could this be from him being impacted before and somehow passing it through? thanks

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
I was just about to come in and explain why sand is no good and that you should get it removed :lol:

But looks like you are ahead of me. Yes this probably from his previous owner without any care. Can you possible give a few warm baths and belly massages to help your dragon get rid of any left over sand.

Battery

Original Poster
yep i bathe him daily, lately he wasn't pooping much although still eating and all, but today after i found the sand, 20 mins later i looked back and there was poop. so hopefully he unimpacted himself if he was impacted :lol:

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hi
I would be sure to bathe him every day and give him a little babyfood applesauce with a drop or two of olive oil in it everyday or even some canned pumpkin to make sure the impaction has fully passed.Unfortunatel that calcisand is just so dangerous and people dont realize the damage it can do especially in a young beardie.I am glad he pooped for you hopefully he has passed te majority of it but I wouldnt be suprised if you see a bit more of it over the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom