tummy lump

Status
Not open for further replies.

xerioc

Last night I had my beardie out n he was running around then stopped to use the bathroom, he did started it like usual lifting his tail n wiggling his butt a lil bit but this time he lifted both back feet off the ground n his belly was all poofed up n liquid came out n he continued for a few mins w no other success, I picked him up n rubbed his belly n I felt a hard lump on the right side closer to his tail, any idea what the problem is and a solution to it? I have him on calcium sand and he has not had a problem w it before but I recently switched him to large crickets could this be the problem? He acts mostly normal except he's drinking more water and when I take him out he's active then he just stops n lays down in a safe spot, he cam run and stand up okay. I'm not sure if the lump was there before or not it feels large for his size of body

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
xerioc":o4un8b21 said:
Last night I had my beardie out n he was running around then stopped to use the bathroom, he did started it like usual lifting his tail n wiggling his butt a lil bit but this time he lifted both back feet off the ground n his belly was all poofed up n liquid came out n he continued for a few mins w no other success, I picked him up n rubbed his belly n I felt a hard lump on the right side closer to his tail, any idea what the problem is and a solution to it? I have him on calcium sand and he has not had a problem w it before but I recently switched him to large crickets could this be the problem? He acts mostly normal except he's drinking more water and when I take him out he's active then he just stops n lays down in a safe spot, he cam run and stand up okay. I'm not sure if the lump was there before or not it feels large for his size of body
It is quite possible he's impacted. He probably ingested some calci sand and it got stuck in his digestive tract. I would give him a warm bath and some sugar free baby prune sauce to help him get t out of his system, if he's still having this problem tomorrow or so you should get him to the vet and remove the calci sand from his tank. Hope he gets better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom