Trying new veggies (:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aang eats normal. He is quite the pig! I usually have to chose when to stop feeding him or he will continue to eat lol. He eats crickets and super worms. The super worms are his favorite. He gets kind of grumpy without them lol. We feed him spinach and green onions mixed together. He lives it. Herr recently I have decided to see what else he likes. Yesterday I tried to offer him some canned green beans (which I rinsed very well with water before giving them to him) I mixed them with his usual greens. He absolutely refused to eat it. He wouldn't even pick around the green beans. So tonight I gave him sweet peas mixed with his usual he ate them! I think tomorrow for his first bowl of veggies I'm gonna give him straight peas and see how he likes it. I am soon gonna try bananas.

ryback

Hatchling Member
Hi, right off the bat spinach bines calcium in your dragon and isn't a staple not sure on the green onion but sure that isn't a staple. Banana is like a once a week thing like a treat. There is a chart floating around on this site. Sorry I have no idea where to find it see if I can for you. Get you to understand the staples and rarely type veggies and fruits to feed. Good staples are collard, dandilion, turnip, mustard greens and squash is a wonderful feeder as well. The spinach I know for sure messes with the calcium in take in your dragon.

Breebaby11

Original Poster
I usually dust his spinach with calcium. I know the bananas are a treat thing. Thank you for looking out though. I have also heard about bell peppers. Not too sure about them.

Breebaby11

Original Poster
Thank you for that information. I will definitely get him away from the spinach. I might make it a treat because he loves it! I also have a question if you can answer it, if not it's OK. While he is in his viv he gets stress marks. Not all the time but more than I would like. But when I pick him up they go away. When I give him a bath they also go away even though his beard turns black. He hates baths. But why do you think he gets stress marks in his home?? Shouldn't he be comfortable in it??

ryback

Hatchling Member
While he's in his enclosure can anything be causing stress like another pet or a item like a mask freaking your little guy out. Sometimes things scare them and cause stress marks. The stress marks your mentioning are the ones on his underside right. It is a bit strange in his home. Where does your beardie spend most of his time in his tank cool end or basking area. If there cold they will turn a bit black. Noticed this right before lights come on. You have a water source in his home. If humidity is over 40% cause stress. Stress marks are a bit odd because it could be anything. Have you relocated your dragon recently that usually the cause of stress marks? Some beardies enjoy daily baths but the black beard seems normal during a bath like he's getting angry and tense.

Breebaby11

Original Poster
I have a tee shirt in there because he has been being a butthead and not wanting love. I also have a stuffed animal in there. I thought he liked it becausevhe. He snuggled with it and perches on top of it. But before I put that in there he had the stress marks. Yes the ones on the under belly. Nobility haven't relocated him. He has been I'm the same spot since we got him. He spends most of his time on the warm side every now and then he will go yo the cool side. And usually he is on top of his bench that we have in there for him. I don't keep water in his bowl due to not having a humidity thermostat. He gets daily baths unless it is really cold in the house. In the bath he is calm enough to poop but his beard still turns black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom