Troy wont eat anything apart from Morios&Salad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I offer him a locust he doesn't take it.

But whenever I put salad on his plate, or a morio in his food bowl he'll nom it down.

He's very active, he's got a 4x2x2 area to run around in. I was told to use morios with caution, because now he is very stubborn and wont eat anything apart from them, and rather than pooing once every 1-2 days, it's now a huge poo every week.

What can I do?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Some beardies just get addicted to the morios...or at least greatly prefer them over other feeders. Although it would be ideal for him to be eating the locusts ,the fact that he's eating a salad along with the morios [ superworms ] should be giving him a good balance of nutrition, as long as the salad is healthy. It should be based on dark greens like turnip, collard + mustard, but if you're in the U.K. you might have different types.

You might try limiting the morios to 3-4 a day and " sneak " a locust in his mouth as he's chewing on one of the morios. :)

UltimateShelly

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply! I'm putting alot more variety of salad now, like you said 3-4 morios a day. I'm going to try him on dubias though, they seem to be popular, what do you think?

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
Dubias are great. I got Harley hooked on dubias when I got her at 6 weeks since I hate crickets and trying to catch loose 3/8 inch crickets in a 4ft cage was hell. Plus dubias will practically breed themselves :lol:

UltimateShelly

Original Poster
Sauzo":23vrro4p said:
Dubias are great. I got Harley hooked on dubias when I got her at 6 weeks since I hate crickets and trying to catch loose 3/8 inch crickets in a 4ft cage was hell. Plus dubias will practically breed themselves :lol:

I ordered 15 of them for Troy to test first! If things go well I'll look into colonies and stuff :D

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
Good deal. I would really be surprised if your dragon didn't like dubias. Also other great stuff is butterworms aka Tebo larva. Harley went nuts for those when I first gave them to her. Also hornworms and silkworms. And if yours does like dubias and you start a colony, you will so happy once you are free from having to buy feeders all the time. I just use the dubias as the staple and throw in some different worms every couple weeks to spice things up. Much cheaper now too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom