trick or treating??

Moxxie1122

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Moxxie
so this year I'm going with my siblings when they go trick or treating and I wanted to bring my 6/7 month old bearded dragon along. is their any way I could? could I use a heat pack or something like that in a pet carrier and put him in there to warm up??

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I wouldn't recommend it. Depending on where you live it could be way to cold (below 70 i wouldn't take him outside) it sill also be really stressfull for him, with all the costumes and such.

Groggyfroggie

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Draco
Theoretically it can be done with a heat mat that comes with a thermostat. Put in blankets and such to keep him warm. But the thing is most pet carriers provide ventilation with mesh on the sides etc., which makes it challenging to keep in any heat. Without the ventilation I imagine beardies wouldn’t feel very good. You can give it a trial run and see how it works out. Maybe half an hour before his bed time? That way he has time to digest and calm down during the day.

Moxxie1122

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Moxxie
Theoretically it can be done with a heat mat that comes with a thermostat. Put in blankets and such to keep him warm. But the thing is most pet carriers provide ventilation with mesh on the sides etc., which makes it challenging to keep in any heat. Without the ventilation I imagine beardies wouldn’t feel very good. You can give it a trial run and see how it works out. Maybe half an hour before his bed time? That way he has time to digest and calm down during the day.
My beardie seems to LOVE going outside- even if he's just being carried so that's the main reason I would want to bring him. I'll def give him a trial run to see. the carriers we have are small cat carriers. ones he can't fit through of course. they have holes on the side and front but mostly plastic no mesh. we have a medical heat mat that has a thermostat could that be used? if that won't work that I will of course get one that's specifically for him

Groggyfroggie

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Draco
My beardie seems to LOVE going outside- even if he's just being carried so that's the main reason I would want to bring him. I'll def give him a trial run to see. the carriers we have are small cat carriers. ones he can't fit through of course. they have holes on the side and front but mostly plastic no mesh. we have a medical heat mat that has a thermostat could that be used? if that won't work that I will of course get one that's specifically for him
Yeah as long as the temperature can be monitored accordingly, I think he’ll be fine! Let us know how it goes haha

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom