Tremors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvia

Original Poster
She's a bit bastard, she waves his tail in front of him, makes him excited, then says no and steals his food :lol: poor male.
I felt them and seem to ovulate, if the belly continues to grow I will have to do calcium every day, i know, also if are tsterile eggs. I hope not but just yestarday I hear someone trying to dig :banghead:

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
No, do not wait to give them Calcium and a multivitamin, they should be getting that regardless of whether they are laying eggs or not, so should the male. All Dragons need a Calcium supplement 5 times a week and a multivitamin 2-3 times a week for the rest of their lives. Dragons bodies are extremely dependent on Calcium and proper UVB light so they are able to absorb the calcium...SHE IS HAVING TREMORS BECAUSE SHE'S ALREADY SUFFERING FROM A CALCIUM DEFICIENCY! Tremors/twitching are the first signs/symptoms of MBD, and if all of your Dragons don't start getting Calcium 5 times a week and a multivitamin 2-3 times a week they are ALL going to start to develop MBD. The only reason that this female has started developing the MBD sooner than the others is because she has been deprived of adequate food and UVB light by the other female...

And I know you were joking, but you absolutely cannot let the females and the male even see each other, it's not a funny situation for the females, it's extremely stressful for them to be in the presence of a male that is trying to mate with them. Especially the sick female, she can't take any more stress...I hope you are understanding the seriousness of her situation, as MBD will eventually cause paralysis in her back end, she will be unable to walk without flipping onto her back, she won't be able to climb without falling, and she'll start to develop bony deformities in her head, face, and spine. So the tremors are your warning sign that unless you separate her from the other Dragons, put her in her own tank alone with her own UVB tube mounted correctly, and start giving her (and ALL of your Dragons) Calcium 5 times a week and a multivitamin 2-3 times a week, she's going to stop eating, become very lethargic, and start to develop serious physical disabilities that are not reversible. So the tremors are your warning sign...

Sylvia

Original Poster
Maybe i dont write correctly: generally they eat calcium every day (7 in a week) or 5 days calcium and 2 Calcium+D3 for week on vegetable or on "meat".

When they are pregnant they eat calcium 7 days on 7 seven and calcium+D3 2 or 3 days a week (mixed) on vegetables and "meat".

Ellen, i had dragons for 5 years, i read a lot, i talk a lot with vets and breeders, you speak as if you were talking to an incapable. We talk about 4 days with little calcium carbonate, not even deprivation. Please dont write another time MBD.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you post any pictures of your tank setup for us, along with your two females also
so we can see your setup & light placement?
Since your female is having seizures or tremors it is very likely she isn't getting enough
calcium or nutrition. I would recommend getting some liquid calcium to help out. The
powder might not be enough for her right now. Are you able to upgrade to a better UVB?
How is her appetite, can she chew very well?

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Sylvia

Original Poster
The post was published on general discussion and not on ER because I dont think it's a medical problem. The tremor, which moreover I have not noticed again, was so light that I initially thought it was my eye.
However, I leave you some photos, but I dont think this post is useful.

QuinnF

Hatchling Member
If you don’t want to separate them maybe just make sure they have separate hides and basking spots so they aren’t competing for heat/light and maybe feed them separately too. I guess just make sure they are both getting enough of everything which I’m sure you are already doing!

Sylvia

Original Poster
QuinnF":20pyw92v said:
If you don’t want to separate them maybe just make sure they have separate hides and basking spots so they aren’t competing for heat/light and maybe feed them separately too. I guess just make sure they are both getting enough of everything which I’m sure you are already doing!

Exact they have three hides, different bowls and two logs for sunbathing.
They occasionally use the same and sometimes different things. Which I saw 'trembling' has always been a susceptible dragon, even when she was the dominatrix, once she even bit my father (not that he was not looking for it...)!
And she is the only one who blows when we go to the vet :lol:

QuinnF

Hatchling Member
Sylvia maybe if you could also find a couple of logs to allow them to get closer to both heat and uvb that might help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom