Traveling with beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEROtheMONSTER

Sub-Adult Member
I would like to take Nero with us to Arizona for two days.Would you think he would enjoy it,he is already used to the car.
I would want to know the things that would be good to take with me.
Harness,warming heat pad(blanket like),pet carrier(like for a ferret)?
Any help is appreciated and he will be watched very carefully.If there is something that I could add to my list please tell me.Or If anyone has experience with traveling I would like to hear.
Also would I have to feed him in the two days,because I did not think so and i would feed him a lot the day before leaving.
I'm sure he would enjoy looking at the cars or scenery.Thanks for any advice! :D

Onlymediocre

Juvie Member
I havent traveled with my dragon... as hes still a little guy... But idk about not feeding him for 2 days? I know Ive read that some wont eat for periods of time, but thats on their own accord.. But if someone stuck me in a car to travel and didnt feed me for 2 days i sure wouldnt like it. I personally would at least offer greens, I mean a baggy of veggies/food bowl and a mist bottle wouldnt take up much space nor time to get together. If anything I just wanted to give your post a bump before you take off for a couple days in case it would be unsafe for ur beardie.. I hope someone experienced in this chimes in with some advice...

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
Definitely do not starve him for 2 days, if anything bring a cooler with veggies in it, you should really bring some bugs along as well (I personally think they travel better than veg anyway). Other than that you should be fine with a trip. Remember to provide lighting, etc. When I travel I generally set up a small 10 gallon tank with a light and UVB hooked up to a power inverter. I don't put any decor inside except for a blanket. Feed during rest stops, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom