Traveling with a Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am moving to a different city and will be driving 6 hours or so with Charm in the car. How do I keep him warm and happy while we are traveling? I have a pet carrier (really for small dogs) to keep him in. What should I make sure to have in the carrier with him during the trip? I have been told to use heat packs to keep him warm - where do you get those?

BeardieGrandma

Juvie Member
Hi there,

we just recently took Joga to vegas (4 hour drive).
I bought a power inverter for the car and brought our heating pad to plug into it. (when purchasing a power converter, keep in mind most heating pads only use up to 65watts, so a power converter that handles 75-100 watts should be just fine. Ones that handle more are really expensive. Mine was $20 at radio shack).

The only time i really needed the heating pad was when we left to come home (left in the AM) and it was about 65 out. I plugged in the heating pad, tucked her in my hoodie, and laid the heating pad over top of my hoodie. She was toastie warm for several hours until she got tired of being in my coat and wanted to come out. On our way to vegas it was the middle of the day. I kept her near the window in the sun and it was almost too hot at times, even with the air conditioning in the car set at 72 degrees. I'm lucky she's not that frisky running all over the place and mostly enjoyed looking out the window.

rebeccaw14

Original Poster
Thanks. In case I'm not able to get a power converter, are there heat packs or ways to keep him warm that don't require electricity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kpurlett
Top Bottom