travel question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ugrantme18

going home for holidays. 4 hour drive each way from dc to pa. will be gone 4 days, no one to care or feed my dragon for that time. is it better for the dragon to be left at home for 4 days without food, or taken with me and put up with the travel stress etc? someone, please advise. [email protected]

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Personally I would think that four days without food or a proper day/night light schedual would be more disruptive.

Four hours is no time at all to go without a UVB light, all you would need to worry about is keeping him warm and secure.
When I have to take my dragons on trips I use an old hamster enclosure (rectangular with a clear top) which I bought at a charity shop.
I put a blanket at the bottom, then add a hot water bottle, insert dragon(!) and put a blanket on top up to their shoulders.
Both of my dragons have been very happy travelling this way and relax and watch the world go by.

Holly

Eyeball318

I recently just moved back to my home state a few months ago. I had no idea how I would travel with my beaded dragon. I was told many things that I could try. What I did was buy a plaastic containor. Poke holes in the lid. Put some of my dragons sand in the botton of the containor with him in it. He rode on the front seat with me. I used those hand warmers and placed them on the outside of the containor. (picked a corner and placed them against it) My trip was 9 hrs long and he made it the whole way. Just keep an eye on him/her as your driving. When i went into any gas stations I left him in the car with a blanket wrap around the containor, or I took him in with me and had him under my sweat shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom