traumatized--WARNING sad story

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I went to this mom and pop pet store down the street from my work called Pets Etc they have reptiles, birds, cats, dogs... the usual. So I order 3 doz crickets for Justins dinner and walk around to look at the reptiles. I bend down to see the baby beardies and they all run up to the glass except for one little guy :( he was so dark and skinny and not moving. I was so upset I told them and their reply was "Ohhh"...

WTF was there something I could have done or said I was so sad and angry I just left.

Dannye92

I no its really upsetting but i learned from my bearded dragon breeder that when a ton of beardies are born/hatch, theres alot of competition for food etc and that all the babies take nibbles out of 1 particular beardie, Its really upsetting but theres nothing u can do unless u separate them all. If u just remove the baby thats gettin attacked then the rest of the pack will choose another beardie to gang up on. Its so sad :cry:

Sunshinessmile

Hatchling Member
i brought a sick beardy to the attention of the petsmart employees who all like me. she pulled him out and was like hes purring... i was like, bearded dragons dont purr.... doh!

NaFe

As sad as it is, isnt this just part of nature? Not to sound rude by the way.Would they do this in the wild or is it being captive?

beardieaddict

Sub-Adult Member
that is sad i see that crapp all the time at pet stores thats why i dont go to any of them any more it just breaks my heart and i think its only a captive thing because in the wild they would be born and they would be all on there own after that there very docile they never live together and in the wild there other animals food like dingos i know it sucks to think about it like that but its true but as breeders the only thing they can do is seprate them all or keep 2 or 3 together and thats it but u keep a bunch of them togther thats when they start to gang up on each other it sucks to see pet stores no taking care of there animals its just as bad as these people on animal cops were they just dont take care of them it sucks

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
I saw about 20 just like that at a reptile show in Tampa last sunday. I would NOT patronize any Gila Productions shows after seing how they allow their vendors to display sick and dying animals that aren't even housed properly.

All we can do is urge people NOT to buy from wholesalers.... please buy from breeders, enthusiasts and collectors! They are the people losing money to make dragon owners happy, not making money killing animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom