Transporting BD into CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

SApple

I am going from Va to CA in June and will be bringing my cat and beardie. I know that I need a certificate of health for the cat, but what about the beardie? I've looked at the California Department of Agriculture website. There are guidelines for farm animals and dogs and cats, but nothing for other domesticated animals. Has anyone ever brought their beardie over the border into California by private vehicle?

Jaskotch

Juvie Member
I'm guessing lots of people have. Are you kidding, you need a certificate of health to bring your cat in your private vehicle into CA? Who the heck is ever going to know? :silent:

SApple

Original Poster
Jaskotch":38sx1sly said:
I'm guessing lots of people have. Are you kidding, you need a certificate of health to bring your cat in your private vehicle into CA? Who the heck is ever going to know? :silent:

The state of California actually has a border patrol. They stop everyone at the state line and want to know if you are transporting food, plants or animals. There is a long list of things they will not let you bring into the state and will search your car if they think you have contraband. Nice uh!

Jaskotch

Juvie Member
This link may be of use to you.
http://www.cdfa.ca.gov//ahfss/Animal_Health/Entry_Requirements.html

INFORMATION ABOUT
LIVESTOCK AND PET MOVEMENT

DOGS and CATS are regulated by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH). For information regarding the importation and exportation of these animals please contact CDPH.

California Entrance Requirements for Dogs:
All domestic dogs must be healthy. Dogs over four (4) months of age must have a certificate of current rabies vaccination.

California Entrance Requirements for Cats:
All domestic cats must be healthy.

[doesn't say anything about any certificate....]

Livestock, Poultry,
and Other Animal Entry Requirements
Most livestock and poultry have entry permit and Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) requirements to enter California.

well, i don't think your beardie falls into that category, they talk about livestock and poultry specifically.
anyway, there is a contact email on that page, if I were you, I would just email them and ask.
no, wait a minute....
if I were you, I'd STAY IN VIRGINIA!!! Honestly, CA needs to get over itself. :D

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
I have taken my beardie from Az to Ca, and they never asked for anything on her or my dog. I also moved from Or to Ca this year and had 2 beardies, dog and horse, of course I had to stop both times for the horse and they never asked anything, yet they saw I had something in the carriers when I stopped.

SApple

Original Poster
Bwalter":1d26cqba said:
I have taken my beardie from Az to Ca, and they never asked for anything on her or my dog. I also moved from Or to Ca this year and had 2 beardies, dog and horse, of course I had to stop both times for the horse and they never asked anything, yet they saw I had something in the carriers when I stopped.

Good to know. I wasn't sure how strict they were. I didn't want to get caught in an awkward situation. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom