Transporting and setting up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping to get my dragon in the next week or so, but I realized I'm not sure how to get him home. How do I transport him to minimize stress (about a 45 minute drive)? And what do I do with him while I'm getting his cage set up? I may be getting a 9 month old or it may be an adult.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
A shoebox with a towel in it would be fine for the ride home - often you'll be given something to take them home in. Pepper came home in a sterile shoebox with holes in the lid and a paper towel.

Ideally you want your cage setup before hand. That will give you the best opportunity to get your lights and furniture setup and tuned to the right temperatures. Then just pop the dragon in. If you are getting them at the same time, the dragon an wait in a box talk enough it won't be able hop out.

Justinsin

Injoy new borns are so fun to have around. I woludnt let him out of the box in the car till your inside your home... i REMBER GOING TO PICK UP A BABY ONE TIME FROM A BREEDER AND GOT IN MY CAR to look at him he jumped right out onto the dash and fell to the floor I felt like a bad parent LOL.

He was just fine tho lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom