top opening glass viv?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi peeps, so i'm ment to be getting a top opening glass 4ft viv offf a work mates son at some point. i have a couple of concerns with this:
1. my beardie, when i get him will surely feel threatened by my wanting to pick him up if i come from the top
2. cleaning will be a pain.

i was wondering if its possible to install sliding glass doors on it to fix my concerns? from what i know the top has mesh and a UV tube installed that runs the entire 4 feet of the enclosure, its coming with everything i need and im paying $300 for it.

i know that a wood viv would be a better option but for the price and accessories you couldn't get a store one that good, i think its a Reptile One brand so its a good brand.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
All of my beardie use this type of enclosure. It really depends on the dragon if you coming from the top to pick them up is an issue. I think you should see if you can try it out for a week and let him know after that, if you want it or not. To clean it is easy still the top should come all the way off. Do you know what brand the UV source is?

MasterYoda

Original Poster
nope, haven't even got it yet, its not that i don't want it but i don't want to make my beardie scared of me and bite me because he's threatened

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
MasterYoda":16qfp10f said:
nope, haven't even got it yet, its not that i don't want it but i don't want to make my beardie scared of me and bite me because he's threatened
That is not always the case with every dragon. Some might feel like that and others don't. I have 4 dragons 2 don't mind, don't run, they love to be picked up, no matter the method used. 1 of my dragons is in between but, once he is in my hand he doesn't want back in his tank. The 4th one is a little of all of the above LOL. It really depends on your dragon if they are gonna get frightened or not. If you have a worry about it I would get a smaller enclosure to start it off in. This way you can develop a bond and he will get to know how you treat him and you get to know how he is in return. This way when you use a larger enclosure, it should stay the same. For example I had my first dragon, Des in a 10 gallon for like 2-3 weeks, during this time, I handled him a lot, he got used to how I approach picking him up, my touch, my voice, this and that. After moving to a larger tank all that behavior is still embedded in his knowledge of you, or humans.

Hmm lol I'm rambling. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom