Too young to be pregnant? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I have 2 bearded dragons (Shocker and Savage) - my partner and I bought them at a pet store and was advised they were about 3-4 months old, we have had them for a month (they both live in the same tank) and the Shocker we thought was male (due to it's size compared to the other beardies) has gained quite a bit of weight (it is a bit hard to tell as Savage was recently unwell and lost a bit of weight so Savage is quite smaller at the moment), Savage has started acting very skittish, appetite has increased and last night was digging. I had a feel of Shockers stomach today and I may have felt 1 bump. I am not sure if I am just overreacting and jumping to conclusions. I have also noticed Shocker has been doing a lot of those submissive waves to Savage which has never been the case until the last few days.

From what I understand bearded dragons should be about 18 months before they should be allowed to be breed. If Shocker is pregnant then she is only about 4-6 months old, is this too young and bad for her health?

Sorry about the short novel, I am new to bearded dragons and told they were too young to have their sex checked so didn't think having them together would be an issue. Any advice would be great.

Regards,
Leanne

wente013

Do you have them housed together? Sometimes they dig if the temps are too high. What are your temps at/how do you read them? What's your set up?

StaceysBuddy

Juvie Member
4-6 months does seem early for me but that's also what they said when Miss Buddy laid eggs when she was about 8-9 months old

I don't know what advice to give you if she is gravid besides keeping her hydrated and full of calcium. Keep us updated.

ShockerAndSavage

Original Poster
I ended up taking Shocker along to the vet along with Savage. The vet advised that Shocker is a definitely a girl and not pregnant and that Savage is also most likely a girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom