Too late now, but what happened???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed yesterday one of my babies was kinda in a daze. He wasn't being very social like the others. I didnt really think much of it. Today he was on his back and look severely dehydrated. I picked him up and he started to move his head a little so I placed him down. All of a sudden, he arched his back upwards like he was doing a pushup, his mouth was wide open and his body flattened out, and then he slumped back down and died. What happened??? He is one of my babies from June 7th. I keep a close eye on all of my animals. These guys eat like pigs and I mist them a few times a day and watch all of them drink. Some of the babies are 3 times the size of the others but this one was one of the larger ones so I know he was eating fine, even if I hadn't watched them all eat. They all get their supplements, they all eat great both crickets and greens. They have a UV light and the tank is right in front of the window and during the day I open the blinds for them. The temperatures are always monitored. They have a big branch with big wooden "roots/vines" wrapped around it so they have plenty of hiding places and can move up and down under the basking light to regulate their temps. I'm at a loss right now and watching it die right in front of me was just horrible. This one in particular was one of 2 that came out with green sides. I am assuming from another post I saw on here that green is a rare color for dragons. I feel lucky to even have had a successful clutch but I always seem to be doomed. The other 18 babies are doing just great. I did have one that was a little smaller with red sides give me a bit of a scare last week but he is up and about doing great. Did I do something wrong? What should I look out for? This kills me and just ruined my day.

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
I have no experience with hatchlings at all but wanted to send *hugs* so sorry, I hope someone comes along to help you (and us) understand what happened!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom