Too late for necropsy?

Amalgamates

Beardie name(s)
Nancy
She passed away yesterday around 7pm, vet couldn't get her in for necropsy until tomorrow at 9am. She had a few potential reasons for decline and sudden death - a mass from X-Ray being either bad parasites causing impaction or a tumor, or possibly egg binding which would be new to her.

It's expensive on top of her emergency visit bill ($224+$116), so the vet alluded that the long time between death might be bad for the necropsy (i.e. not worth it). I think it's worth it regardless because a tumor or eggs wouldn't have gone anywhere within that time, right? She was wrapped in 3 plastic bags and put into the refrigerator as soon as I found her yesterday. I heard freezing the body was bad. Does something change about the body that makes the necropsy more difficult within this time frame?

Mostly just want to see if she had bad parasites to know whether I am able to resell or reuse the decorations/tank. I know Coccidia is extremely hard to kill and would hate to expose another beardie to it (mine or otherwise). I cleaned her tank with a blue anti-coccidia spray every time she passed a stool (diluted, can't remember the name). I deep cleaned most decorations after death, boiling what I can, but one can't be exposed to hot water due to the glue. I guess I'm asking if they'll be even able to see anything worth reporting because of the long wait... Thank you for reading.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She passed away yesterday around 7pm, vet couldn't get her in for necropsy until tomorrow at 9am. She had a few potential reasons for decline and sudden death - a mass from X-Ray being either bad parasites causing impaction or a tumor, or possibly egg binding which would be new to her.

It's expensive on top of her emergency visit bill ($224+$116), so the vet alluded that the long time between death might be bad for the necropsy (i.e. not worth it). I think it's worth it regardless because a tumor or eggs wouldn't have gone anywhere within that time, right? She was wrapped in 3 plastic bags and put into the refrigerator as soon as I found her yesterday. I heard freezing the body was bad. Does something change about the body that makes the necropsy more difficult within this time frame?

Mostly just want to see if she had bad parasites to know whether I am able to resell or reuse the decorations/tank. I know Coccidia is extremely hard to kill and would hate to expose another beardie to it (mine or otherwise). I cleaned her tank with a blue anti-coccidia spray every time she passed a stool (diluted, can't remember the name). I deep cleaned most decorations after death, boiling what I can, but one can't be exposed to hot water due to the glue. I guess I'm asking if they'll be even able to see anything worth reporting because of the long wait... Thank you for reading.
Spray your tank down w/ some F10 it pretty much kills everything -- you can find it on Amazon and it last a long time -- as far as the other question you were asking I cant answer but Tracie can
@Drache613

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am very sorry for your loss, that is horrible
to lose them suddenly like that.
A necropsy can still be performed, keeping
her cool in the refrigerator is fine. It is very
expensive, that is for sure.
Coccidia can be killed using a steamer for
sanitizing, or a diluted bleach solution will
work. You can clean all of the items & the
tank & should be able to sell the tank & the
decor.
My condolences,

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom