Too Fat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valex

Hatchling Member
I have a 3 month old Beardie, and well he is rather fat. When he stands up on all four feet his stomach is only about 1/2 centimeter from the ground. I call it the Beardie Beer Gut. So my question is, can they be too fat, or eat too much? This guy litterly eats until he doesn't want to move any more. At that point he waits till they walk in front of where he is plopped down, then he snaches them up. He reminds me of me... :lol:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you post a picture of him? That would help. Yes, they can become overweight, but it is healthy for them to have a nice little round belly, that is why a picture will help out.
How much do you feed him, on average?

Tracie

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
I used to think Scorch had an eating disorder. She tried chewing on everything, including the patio chair. LOL I would look at peoples vivs with fake plants in and think, there must be something wrong with her because I know she would eat those leaves. Please post a pic of your chubby one!! I have heard that if you feed them a diet that is too rich in fat that they can get fatty liver disease, but I am not sure if they can get that from just being fat in general on a normal diet. :roll: I am sure that someone on here will know the answer to that though.

Valex

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'll post a picture as soon as I can but first I have to find the cable. :| He is fed crickets as a staple 2X a day and he will eat as many as he is given no matter what. Like I said earlier he eats until he doesn't want to walk at that point he waits untill they walk in front of him and then he eats those. At that point I take him out at which point I guesstimate he has eaten 50-100 crickets. He also gets a salad mixture in the morning of mustard greens, Kale, dandelion greens, broccoli(sometimes), raw green beans(fresh), bell pepper, cantelope, water melon, pear, and phoenix worms. I mix up the ingredients everyday to ensure vasriety, and they get other foods as well in their salad although I do not remember all the ingredients. He will eat his veggies some days but prefers to be hand fed 5-6 peices and by that point he is done with his salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom