Too Active?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeJHB

My beardie finished burminating about one week ago, and she has been incredibly active ever since! So much that she spends almost half of the day running around her tank and the rest glass dancing.
Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but she has managed to wear down her nails to stubs, and both her front paws have small blisters on them.
I'm really worried that she will end up getting an infection in these blisters, or worse.
Any help would be appreciated!

JakeJHB

Original Poster
She's about 15 months old.

I hadn't really thought of that, but she isn't showing any signs of egg bulges, or bloating- if anything she is rather thin since her burmination spell.

Daryl

Hey Jake.
Here's a bump. I'd like to hear some responces myself.
I have a 9 month old who did the same thing (minus the brumation). She wore out her nose to the point where it got a sore and still has a scab. Two weeks ago we had her outside where she spent the day digging. She ended the day laying 18 eggs. So maybe your little girl is trying to tell you something. I was advised to bump the calsium intake up.
Cheers Daz.

JakeJHB

Original Poster
Thanks for the bump Daryl.

I am pretty good at feeling lumps and bumps in the abdomen, and I am reasonably sure she doesn't want to lay anything just yet. But just to be sure, I have gotten her a lay box to supplement the sand in her enclosure.
I have also upped her UV and Calcium dosage with an MVB and extra calcium on her salad. I have also started adding Dragon Dust to her salad to supplement the other vitamins. I also double checked the temps, and they perfect! I should mention I have a big tank, with multiple basking spots- so the temp range is from 40C(110F) under the one spot, down to 17C(60F) in the back of her cave.
Nothing seems to be working though- she now has no nails on her front paws, and the scales on her nose are worn through!
As a last resort, I have started to bath her in a little cooler water, which means she is spending more time under the lights to warm up again. Unfortunatly it only works for about an hour- then she starts again!
Getting really worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom