Tongue out, HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cakes37

So i noticed tonight that my beardie slept with his tongue sticking out. This is the first night he's done it, because i usually move him to his bed every night and give him a quick scan. I know this is a bad sign, but i was wondering if there is anything i could do at home to make him better other than going to the vet??

87089-8865229836.jpg

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
The pic is dark but he does look healthy. Dragons due tend to sleep in very weird ways but I personally have not heard about sleeping with their tongue out.

Has he shown any other signs of illness? How is his activity in the day?

Cakes37

Original Poster
I'll try and edit the pic to make it brighter. No, he's been healthy. That's why it scared me when i saw him sleeping with his tongue out last night. He is very active during the day, it is summer now in my country, so he gets to go outside almost everyday

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Good morning,
I just wanted to check in to see if anything out of the ordinary has happened since? Any gaping, difficulty breathing ?

For now it appears he may have just fallen asleep in a silly way :) Please keep us posted!

Cakes37

Original Poster
I've noticed at times that he is breathing heavily, but it isn't all the time. Its kinda like how we humans take a deep breathe. Also, today once we got inside the house, he wouldn't stop scratching/digging. I felt his stomach to see if he has eggs cause he might be she, but i couldn't feel anything

Do you see any bubbles when he's breathing heavily? Kind of like snot bubbles? If you do, that would be an indication of a respiratory infection. Another sign to watch for is holding his head up with his mouth open alot. BUT, that is also part of the normal thermoregulation process.

As long as hes active, eating, and behaving normally, I wouldn't worry. It's when he quits eating and behaving normally when you start looking for symptoms of RI and other issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom