tongue defects

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidneysix

Hatchling Member
well its been a yr now since we rescued our bd from a owner who had kept him in innappropiate living conditions for 8 months, he has improved quite a bit, but is still not there. the vets said his tongue will most likely always not work very well, and that no form of surgery can probally correct it. it very frustrating as instead of extending his long tounge out when catching prey or eating veg it curls and bends in his mouth then extends its very hard to describe, i was just wondering if anybody has experianced this problem?

korismail

aww your poor beardie! i havent experienced this problem, but i wanted to say your awesome for taking him in and good luck with his problem. i hope he gets better!

sidneysix

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
had a reptisun 10, now got the arcadia d3 12+ so it not our lighting, tho the previous owners had him in a bad state when we took him on so the vet thinks its an old injury, we have had him for yr now and its not improved, though he is better, he sadly still isnt 100% yet.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
My Phinny has a similar issue with his tongue. He can't catch smaller prey items like crix or supers, but he does quite well with silkworms and hornworms. He has a hard time with salad too, so I syringe feed him Critical Care so he gets his greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom