Tokay Gecko

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are Tokay Geckos as pets? I heard they can be very aggressive and many people don't recommend them as pets at all and I never see them in pet stores ever either it could be just my location though. But I still hear about people owning them the only Geckos I see in pet stores are Leopard Geckos, Crested Geckos and a Gecko called a Gargoyle Gecko which looked very awesome!

PastelBeardie

Juvie Member
Most Tokays are wild caught, and with WC geckos you'll most likely have health problems. Many people disapprove of capturing wild animals to be kept as pets, too. Tokays are known for biting hard and not being easy to handle, even the captive bred ones. If you're lucky you might be able to find a captive bred one that can be handled, but you'll still need to be careful in case it's in a bad mood. They're beautiful, but most people want pets that can be handled, so Tokays aren't as popular as crested or leopard geckos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom