toenail

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakeh2009

Hatchling Member
Some how dino seems to have pinched a toe on one of his back feet, it is not really swollen except the very tip but its bruised from the tip and back about an 1/8 of an inch or so.. I cant tell if the nail fell off or if the toe has just swelled up around it, he dont seem to be any pain or discomfort, he is running around and jumping fine, is there anyway i can get the bruising to down for him, and if by chance the nail is missing will it grow back? if not will this cause any problems in climbing and everything in the everyday life for him? thanks alot guys, wish i knew what happened to him but i just noticed it last night and nothing in his tank was outta place

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
The answer to your question is yes, and no. Speedy lost a nail on both of her front claws. Look at the picture below and you will notice on the claw on the right has what looks to be a hole on the middle digit. On the left foot, you will see what looks to be a claw growing back. I don't know anything about the brusing, maybe someone else could help with that.

newphotos0010.jpg

Speedy likes to climp up our modesto ash tree. She's been missing the nails for awhile. Here's pics to demonstrate. In this one she's climbing up the trunk
newphotos0013.jpg

her dad helped her over a rough spot in the side of the tree she has trouble with and she made it here:
newphotos0018.jpg

I hope this answers some of your questions.

jakeh2009

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok, a little update, the bruising is almost gone, just a little purple at the end of the digit, it dont appear that the nail ripped out completely just seems to have broke off, its kind of hard to tell, maybe i can get a pic and see what you guys think. but if i just broke off then it may grow back right? he does not seem to be in any pain and it does not affect him. he is still eating his feeders like a champ and chasing him around, and he is standing up high on all four legs so i dont think its anything too serious but i feel bad, i wish i knew what he got it pinched in or stuck on so i can fix the problem so it dont happen again... I felt like the biggest #%!%^$@ when i noticed it and wish i could have prevented it. thanks for the info so far

jakeh2009

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok got some pics now, his toe is still purplish on the tip, but on the one pic you can see the tip upclose and it looks to be the base of a nail, what do you all think? and should i get some neosporin or something like that, dont know how much it would help since he walks on it, any ideas let me know please

warning!!!! large amounts of hair hahaha

toe.jpg

toe1.jpg

toe2.jpg

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
If I saw correctly, it does look like his nail was the way Speedy's nail on her right side looked at first, the one that is growing back. On one of the pics above, it's on the foot on the left side in the pic.
It does look like it will grow back. Speedy has one nail that looks like it's not going to grow back.

jakeh2009

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
alright thank you, i guess im not worried if the nail grows back as long as nothing is broke or permanently injured, he chases crickets like no other so i think he is gonna be just fine, and if the nail grows back then even better. thanks for the pics and your time

jake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom