"To Find Tasty Larvae, Lizards Use Their Brains"

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmilyRussom

Juvie Member
Very interesting! Reptiles are all genius little creatures. But of course, we all knew that. Heck, they train US.

"Mommy! Look! I'm glass-dancing!"
"Ok, I'll take you out............"

I just wish the study hadn't been done by Duke University :puke:

Sorry - I'm in NC - and you're either with Carolina or Duke. In my case, I go with the former ;)

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
EmilyRussom":1qjv0fcn said:
Very interesting! Reptiles are all genius little creatures. But of course, we all knew that. Heck, they train US.

"Mommy! Look! I'm glass-dancing!"
"Ok, I'll take you out............"

I just wish the study hadn't been done by Duke University :puke:

Sorry - I'm in NC - and you're either with Carolina or Duke. In my case, I go with the former ;)

Hehe, so it's "Puke" University for you :laughhard: LoL They do trains us, and they are very good at it. :)
I have added a PDF document on the subject in my first post, it has all the info about it. ;)

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
There was a program I was in in school called Science Research. It was pretty demanding and I dropped it =P , but I was going to do a study on reptiles abilities to hear and stuff. But the course was a lot of nonsense sometimes. I do have to give it credit though, it helped me as an individual. I just find it neat there are real studies about reptiles, it almost makes me wish I didn't drop that class... almost :wink:

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
SamusTheDragon":26a4snbl said:
There was a program I was in in school called Science Research. It was pretty demanding , but I was going to do a study on reptiles abilities to hear and stuff. But the course was a lot of nonsense sometimes. I do have to give it credit though, it helped me as an individual. I just find it neat there are real studies about reptiles, it almost makes me wish I didn't drop that class... almost :wink:

Hehe, that would be an awesome study, too bad you dropped it =P
I loved what they did here, there's almost no research into reptiles. :( I'm glad that someone is doing something about it.

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Atrax":34aeoxst said:
SamusTheDragon":34aeoxst said:
There was a program I was in in school called Science Research. It was pretty demanding , but I was going to do a study on reptiles abilities to hear and stuff. But the course was a lot of nonsense sometimes. I do have to give it credit though, it helped me as an individual. I just find it neat there are real studies about reptiles, it almost makes me wish I didn't drop that class... almost :wink:

I loved what they did here, there's almost no research into reptiles. :( I'm glad that someone is doing something about it.
Yeah, that was one reason I didn't do it. For the class you needed to read professional papers written on the topic, and there were very very few that had to do with lizards. It was a college class but eh, life goes on and no more 5 inch binder (It's a very big binder :shock: ) I hope people keep researching them though, I'm sure there's a lot we can learn from them :D

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
SamusTheDragon":33msl7rh said:
Atrax":33msl7rh said:
SamusTheDragon":33msl7rh said:

Yeah, that was one reason I didn't do it. For the class you needed to read professional papers written on the topic, and there were very very few that had to do with lizards. It was a college class but eh, life goes on and no more 5 inch binder (It's a very big binder :shock: ) I hope people keep researching them though, I'm sure there's a lot we can learn from them :D

I think we would be surprised how little we know about them if we would really start to do some research on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom