To D3 or not to D3?...that's the question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustashio

Juvie Member
So I have an adult beardie that is about 1.5 years old, weighs 530g and is 17in long (has a tail nip). He has been on an UNAUTHORIZED hiatus from any and all vegi's for the last 8 months :evil: but has been eating worms and crickets just fine, although lately is turning his nose up at crickets and dubia and would rather eat worms!

My question is...since he isn't eating any vegi's should I be dusting with calcium with D3 or without? He has been offered vegis daily despite not having eaten ANY in the last 8months, and occasionally I will drip baby food on his nose and he'll lap that up, (peas, sweet potato, squash and sometimes chicken) Otherwise he eats mainly superworms, hornworms and the occasional wax worms as treats. We tried Phoenix worms for awhile, but he was bored with them and even the large ones are not very big. Is it okay to dust the hornworms and superworms? I dust with calcium 3x a week and I also dust with Reptivite once a week.

Viv is stable, with a Reptisun 10 tube which was just replaced a couple weeks ago, temps with probe thermometer are 85 cool side,95 warm side, 105 basking spot. He's in a 4x2x2 viv we built ourselves and easily gets within 8inches of the uvb throughout 3/4 of the viv.

Any thoughts?

Mustashio

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Okay! Thanks Brandon! You've always given great advice to me throughout the last year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom