To buy or not to buy (a rescue), that is the ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie1434

Juvie Member
I'm sure we all have debated this when we have seen a beardie in much need of being rescued. We also love getting from the many great breeders here at BD.org. As many of you know I recently paid what I concider too much for a dragon that was in terrible conditions at a petshop, but am I the only one that has paid too much when some1 refuses to lower their price on a neglected or mistreated beardie?

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
The ***** I bought Galadriel from was charging 110. for him and his wildly stinking viv. They didn't have UVB on him, and were completely unaware that their 4 year old dragon had any health problems! :angry5: I paid it, and got him out of there!

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
That's terrible! Not that those kind of people deserve a single cent, but I would have done the exact same thing.

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
We were able to get the pet shop owner we rescued Sweetie-Boo from to drop her price $40.00, but agreed, we would have paid the full price just to get her out of there.

=Robin

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
I just did...paid way too much to this guy for his junk and excuse of beardie supplies and the beardie.

At least I got it home and he is so much better off now. :wink:

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Besides Galadriel, I should also note that while I have bought several of my dragons, from 20.00 on up to 149.00, (not all rescues) I have been given 6 of my 11 rescue dragons, from 4 different owners, as the owners knew they were in over their heads. I consider all the dragon that have come to me free as coming from responsible owners, as they did what they needed to to cover their dragon's needs. Two, not free, including Fib, were from pet stores under less than ideal conditions. The store where Fib came from does not regularly carry beardies, but has greatly improved their tanks (at least four times the size of the one they had Fib in, now!) and are working on the details of their husbandry, so if one does come in, they have much better conditions for their very short stay. Kang, while looking perfect and not specifically a rescue, was in a tank with another dragon, and had mites, as I discovered after I got him home. The others were from owners who were downsizing, (foreclosure, moving) and wanted a minimal charge for relatively healthy dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syddersspams
Top Bottom