To become an owner or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLewber

Hello, I just got a free 40 gallon tank off of Craigslist yesterday and am debating on buying a beardie. Petsmart has them for $39 right now for the Christmas season. My wife is not sure if we should get one for the kids since a girl at her work said that her beardie is really mean. But on the other hand I have a person at my work whose brother breeds them but they currently just sold all the babies and they said beardies make great pets. Just looking for some input.

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Mean?! That person must either have had some bad experiences, caused by bad treatment of the dragon, or her own fault. Without being provoked (and even then it's very rare!!) little beardies rarely would be mean. 100% of people on this forum will agree with this, as most of us actually snuggle with our dragons, and in my case have fallen asleep with them nuzzled in my neck a few times!

If you go through this forum, read up on the proper care of them, the housing, temperatures, feeding, hygiene and everything, and if you can find a beardie you like then there's no reason, especially not their temperament, generally speaking they are amazing pets.

sweetpea1981

Juvie Member
You might get one that is a bit skittish in the beginning depending on how they were taken care of, but once they see you mean no harm and you provide them with what they need they are awesome pets! They have awesome personalities and each one is unique.

I'm a new beardie owner and have two of them.. both of them are the nicest pets I've ever had. Not even a hiss or anything, and I've had my fair share of amphibians and reptiles. I don't regret my decision at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom