Titan laid an egg!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fxybx3

I got up this morning and went to feed Titan, she had an egg in her poop. I washed it off to make sure it really was an egg, it's hard and solid, definitely not poop. I cant figure out how to add an image again, but I got a good pic of it, definitely looks like an egg..

There was only one, She's basking and eating normally, so my question now is, Do I keep keep an eye out for more? Can they ever just lay one?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah that looks like an egg to me too. Hopefully she's able to pass all of them (if there are more) uneventfully.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Definitely an egg. Fix her a nice laybox, even something like this full of dampened sand or combo of sand/topsoil. This can fit right in a large tank. It's about 22"L X 8" H X 12" W.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30026/full

Otherwise you can make one by using a medium plastic storage tote that it pretty tall , filled with about 10" of sand/soil. You push the sand up on one side + start a cave for her by hand.

Fxybx3

Original Poster
I felt her stomach and doesnt seem like anything else is in there, shes super skinny today vs what she looked like last night, I really dont think there are anymore, but I have a box made for is she starts showing signs of scratching around. She's in a 50 GAL tank right now and there isnt enough room to put a box in with her, but I have one made and ready to go with it's own heat source.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Very, very rare for there to only be one egg but it could happen. She was not mated, right ? If so you would not feel eggs when they are infertile. Some may be on the plump side but some would be like a saggy, half filled water balloon [ for lack of a better description :) ]

Fxybx3

Original Poster
AHBD":1dfqzyla said:
Very, very rare for there to only be one egg but it could happen. She was not mated, right ? If so you would not feel eggs when they are infertile. Some may be on the plump side but some would be like a saggy, half filled water balloon [ for lack of a better description :) ]

Nope not at all, We've had her for about a month now and the people we've got her from had her alone, with no lights and a tiny 20 gal tank.

Fxybx3

Original Poster
When i put her in her box do I put her lights on it? I've read opposing views on it, some day yes, some say no, but It got cold over night here so I will be adding her heat emitter when she's in there, i just didnt know if she needed the lights too?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Is she in there all night ? They should only be in there a few hours at a time until they lay, def. not overnight. Keep any heat outside of the laybox, esp. a CHE which she could jump up + get burned on severely. If you had a huge tub where she could dig way down where it is almost dark it would be O.K to put a heat bulb in it but not in a small tub. The light may make her feel like she has not dug a proper burrow since her instinct is to hide the eggs.

Fxybx3

Original Poster
AHBD":2nt497z3 said:
Is she in there all night ? They should only be in there a few hours at a time until they lay, def. not overnight. Keep any heat outside of the laybox, esp. a CHE which she could jump up + get burned on severely. If you had a huge tub where she could dig way down where it is almost dark it would be O.K to put a heat bulb in it but not in a small tub. The light may make her feel like she has not dug a proper burrow since her instinct is to hide the eggs.

I'm using the 20 gallon she came to us in with a top. She was in her normal tank overnigght, but inside my home is cold, we dont have central air, thats why I was asking.
So no lights while she is in the box?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
No lights, just the CHE for some warmth while she's in her lay box. Can you post a pic of it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heidib715
Top Bottom