Tips for brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what to do. my beardie will sleep for a couple of days, but wake up easily, then be up and awake other days. I'm not sure weather to stop feeding her or do something about the heating so she will just sleep consistently. Because I don't want to feed her then the chance that she will sleep consistently the next day without pooping and continue to sleep for the Lo g time

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She's pretty small for brumation. I would guess that something is off with the lighting or she is ill. What are the temperatures on the basking surface and on the cool side of your tank? Having an accurate measurement of both is pretty critical. It's also essential to have proper UVB lighting. What do you have in place for that?

Arniebeardie94

Original Poster
She's over a years old and she's been doing this for a month with no issues she sleeps wakes up and poops and eats then goes back to sleep for about 5 days. And I just have an Arcadia compact that's inside the viv about 15 cms away from her at each end. The vet said that that's fine.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ah ok she looked a bit younger to me. That cycle does sound like a level of brumation. I would keep an eye on her weight to ensure that is relatively stable. Drastic weight loss could indicate an underlying health issue. I'd offer her some water when she's up. Just some drops on her nose to lick up to ensure she's well hydrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom