Tip of tail fell off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!
Our bearded dragon has been fine the last few days but the tip of his tail fell off last night. He seems pretty tired and doesn't have much of an appetite today. I've posted previously in this forum over the last few weeks while we've been attempting to rehabilitate him. Is this normal? Thanks in advance!

No one other than my husband has touched him and we always remove any crickets from the tank. The piece was just sitting in his tank. It's not bleeding or anything and it was about a 1/2 inch.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have a pictures of the end of his tail?
As long as there wasn't any blood & it doesn't appear to be infected he will be fine. You can put some antibiotic ointment or raw unpasteurized honey on the end to help ward off infection.
You can get some bee pollen to help with his appetite, too.
What was the cause of the tail tip injury?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom