Tip of Tail Black!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

emirooni

Original Poster
I’ve noticed that my beardie Rango’s tail tip is dark. I just noticed it today. I’m really concerned that it might be tail rot so i want to know it i should make an appointment at the vet. He has the 10.0 Reptisun UV long bulb. here’s a picture
plz help thanks!

Attachments

• 54E950C8-65BC-443B-81B2-B360E7D719BB.jpeg
    54E950C8-65BC-443B-81B2-B360E7D719BB.jpeg
    304 KB · Views: 114
  • 7EC69026-9AE3-4446-B838-D62D1C51AB40.jpeg
    7EC69026-9AE3-4446-B838-D62D1C51AB40.jpeg
    459.7 KB · Views: 90

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Hello,

Sometimes beardies they get dark or black tips and it is usually normal but I would check up with a vet to be safe. because you know, it's better to be safe than sorry!

Hazel_My_Bearded_Dragon10

emirooni

Original Poster
update: i think it’s spreading slowly but i’ve been doing betadine soaks and using the regular antibiotic neosporin but i don’t know if it’s helping. i also noticed his tail trembles when i lift it and a small reddish area of scales. i’m thinking some sort of bacterial infection. the only problem is the closest vet appointment i can get is in a month. otherwise an emergency appointment is 300$ not including treatment.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Did the tail get pinched or injured in any way? Or, has there been any trouble with shedding?
For now, continue to put the antibiotic ointment on the end. Or you can also try some raw, unpasteurized honey
instead to see if that helps out a little more.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

emirooni

Original Poster
Hello,

Did the tail get pinched or injured in any way? Or, has there been any trouble with shedding?
For now, continue to put the antibiotic ointment on the end. Or you can also try some raw, unpasteurized honey
instead to see if that helps out a little more.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie
Hi, I don’t think it has? He’s very active and likes to run around and climb things so it’s possible it could have been injured. But i did notice the scales seems brittle and it looks like it might fall off. I’ve been using the ointment but it doesn’t seem to be slowing down. my vet appointment is next week so we’re going to know by then.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It really doesn't look too bad but continue to watch the coloring of it to determine if it is of concern. The vet may be able to help in
determining whether or not there is an infection. Could it possibly be getting ready to shed somewhat?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom