Tiny beardie - 7 months old? Lots of pics!! HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zemanski

Hatchling Member
if he has got an outdoor viv/ cage with a screened lid rather than glass or plastic then he may well be getting enough sun - S.A. is pretty hot most of the year, isn't it? It really depends on how long he is outside and whether it is daily.
Is it possible to keep him outside through the winter in S.A.? I know some people in the southern states are able to keep their beardies outside most of the year but most still need a full set up to bring them in in the colder months

kski

Hatchling Member
Beardiemom is right. Your beardie is growing well and everything but you should probably change your bulb out to a Repti-sun 10.0 or a Repti-glo 8.0.

abbysa

Original Poster
1sttimebeardiemom":aca7f said:
If it were me I'd hold him hostage until his owner got him a UVB! lol But that's just me...how long have you had your? They need to be replaced ever 6 months and alot of people on here say to stay away from Reptiglo 10.0's that the 8.0 are good bulbs and Reptisun 10.0 are also good. And at 7months meal worms have little nutritional value. I'd stay away from supers until your little one is at least 16inches as well. Silkworms, hornworms, and pheonix worms, along with roaches or crix are good staple feeders. You are doing great taking care of the little one kudos for helping.

I am going to be holding him hostage until he has a UVB and I am happy with his recovery.

With regards to the Reptiglo 10.0 I also have heard all the stories, but my one was fine and I know quite a few people that have them. I have had it for almost 5 months. So I will replacing it soon and will definitly get a reptisun 10.0!!

The little has only ever eaten crix. And not alot of them. BUT she LOVES mealworms. I can put crix in and the little baby will hardly look at them. But the moment i put in the worms she pounces on them like she hasnt eaten in weeks.

My next question, can i feed her mostly meal worms? Seeing as she likes them so much. I dust them too. I just want to get her eating more and if mealworms is the easiest way then I might just feed her alot more than crix.

Thanks for the input guys!!! It means alot.

My friend was keeping his viv inside, just by a window. I thought that lack of UV was the cause. She doesnt have much strnth either. My baby clings onto me when i put her on me. And I dont have to hold her. But this baby can barely hang on to me :(

Zemanski

Hatchling Member
mealworms are not a good staple for beardies, especially not babies - they have too much chitin, not enough nourishment and can cause impaction. small locusts or roaches would be better

abbysa

Original Poster
She is 7 months old. Surely she is old enough for mealworms?? She can eat more than 20 in a sitting. But will only eat 3 or 4 crix?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom