Tiling my tanks today! *EDITED now w/pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.

atreyu917

Juvie Member
So today....is gonna be a long day haha. I ran into some money so I bought my 6 month old a 40 gallon breeder and some tile. So Yoshi will be upgraded from a 20 gallon w/reptile carpet to a 40 gallon breeder with tile :) My other new adoptee dragon will also get her 40 gallon tiled as well! I just kept paper towels in there the last week so I can watch her poops, and they're normal. I just feel bad cause I didn't order there lights till today, so I'll just have to put Yoshi's perch up really high and use that just until the new bulbs come in. (petmountain.com is amazing btw)

Guess I'm off to slave away... :)
Pictures of them up later. And they will be works in progress! Going to add hammocks and other hangout places later!

Kelsey

EDITED

Took me about 3 hours to do everything and I think they turned out well!

Yoshi's before tank, a 20 gallon. (It's messy cause she spread her veggies everywhere and is shedding)
l_92aaf884ae1c848fca117616031823dc.jpg

Her new 40 gallon breeder:
index.cfm

l_0ac75744b9ad02665de991b9ae15c607.jpg

l_164e05d31627c42b9245a0c477183cb9.jpg

This is after I got done with Yoshi's, but before doing my new girls tank. So I have 3 40 gallon breeders in my room. haha. Crowded now, but I love it! (Please excuse the mess, had to tear up my room to make some room for all the tanks. I just got the new girl last week. And she STILL has no name. hah.

And the new girls tank before:
l_fd86f320f1373fff4ee6ecc7d57489db.jpg

Exscuse the poop. She did that and I didn't notice it till after I had taken all the pictures. I swear she poops more than my other two combined. haha.

And After:
l_7dc46865e547f7e772cd41f3762d3828.jpg

l_0b873e5494484cda751ef56e34f95b52.jpg

Alright. That is all :)

Hey Kelsey!!
Your new tanks look awesome!! I'm on a hunt to find another at least 40 gal breeder for my little girl since Akon took over her old one, and they seem so difficult to find cheap enough on craigslist or anything. Your new girl is adorable too! I love her coloring, and saw all her pics on your other post. What is her coloring type called? Also, sorry to hear about your snake, so sad. :(
Hope all else is well! Can't wait to see other future pics! Ttyl.
-Nikki-

atreyu917

Juvie Member
Original Poster
gotbeardie and eadig: It tis slate! I love the way it looks. It can be hard to break to fit, but it's really cheap. (almost $7 for a box of 6 i believe) And it stays a bit warm and files their nails, so i never have to cut them! And they seem to really like it.

PLUS it's so easy to clean up their poo! :mrgreen:

atreyu917

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ilovepeanut":38bb7 said:
Hey Kelsey!!
Your new tanks look awesome!! I'm on a hunt to find another at least 40 gal breeder for my little girl since Akon took over her old one, and they seem so difficult to find cheap enough on craigslist or anything. Your new girl is adorable too! I love her coloring, and saw all her pics on your other post. What is her coloring type called? Also, sorry to hear about your snake, so sad. :(
Hope all else is well! Can't wait to see other future pics! Ttyl.
-Nikki-

40 gallons are really expensive. I hate it. But I'm finally done buying them! All 3 of mine finally have them.
You know, I have no idea what my new beardie is. She came from Petco, meaning she came from Sandfire ranch. Before I got her a week and a half ago, she was kept on calci sand so I have yet to see her real color. But from the looks of her face she is really yellow i think. So some kind of citrus maybe? I know Yoshi, my other female, is a citrus X tangerine, but she has a lot more red and orange. This new girl has some orange, mostly yellow, and some blueish sidebars. All I know is she is a super sweet and spunky little thing. haha.

Kelsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom